Monday 24 March 2014

Stress and Time Out

There are those times you just really want to unwind, having gone through a busy work schedule. 
So I found myself at a popular art gallery in Ikoyi, a high brow area of Lagos, which also provides additional facilities for live music.
One could listen to the band on stage as you savor your drink. 
For me, this could serve as a period of internal reflection and inspiration despite the high decibel of the live band.

You could be invited by the bandleader on the floor to join him on stage to try your hands on any musical instrument of choice or to voice a song if one preferred that natural instrument that we all have.

Recently I had an opportunity to try my hands on the keyboards that I had played on a regular basis as a church organist for years in the past - but I am quite rusty now. 
Still I tried. 
(One needs to break the routine of every day life you know; to maintain one's mental well-being)

But let me quickly ask, how wide spread is the practice of taking time out these days?

For instance, the favourite game today is 'golf' and what exactly is the real reason behind this newfound love?

Everybody now talks about the 'love' for the game.

A kind of herd instinct, one observes.

Why the sudden 'love' ?

Anyway I will leave that to your imagination.

Really I don't have anything against golf which I do enjoying watching on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment