Nobody Wants to Die!
I see hand lotion sterilizers everywhere...
Am I dreaming or hallucinating?
Mmmgh.
But...
I visited a friend over a weekend in the heat of the outbreak.
What an amusing shock?
As she pried open her door on my knocking, my friend jutted out -like a pistol- through the narrow yawn, an already opened but sweet smelling hand lotion to cleanse my hands with. I laughed!
I had to do it, before being allowed in.


The next morning, on my way to work, from the corner of my eye; what did I catch a glimpse of? On the highway, the door of a waiting car suddenly opened as its occupant alighted. A flat bottle rolled onto the surface of the road.
It was a bottle of a sterilizer. They are becoming ubiquitous.
I shook my head. Bemused.
"Nigerians are really fighting this thing ", I thought to myself, impressed.


Yet another observation, where common sense overshadowed piety and blind faith for some - not all, like "stubborn" me, knowingly.
A 73 year-old fellow parishioner avoided the communion one particular Sunday (he told me -a much younger folk- why he chose not to go through the religious ritual, until further notice, despite the new but safer method of serving)

Though of late, he has since resumed taking his wafer and shared wine, as Nigeria and the church have declared we are now relatively safe and out of the woods.

Anyhow...good fortune, we have been able to contain the terror at this time.

Nigerians were lucky! Courtesy, late Dr Stella Adadevoh.

My heart goes to late Dr Stella Adadevoh who by her dedication to duty and instinct, reportedly stopped the first index sick patient that brought the deadly virus into our Nigerian space.
The man would have turned himself into a dispersal agent of the morbid virus, as he insisted he had to travel to another part of the country for an official engagement.
But the doctor said, No!
Sadly, she eventually lost her life, as she couldn't survive the contamination she got from her patient, as we read.
(May her soul and others - in the containment - rest in peace).

Yet again my heart goes to the other West African countries who have lost their dear ones with attendant economic loss due to this suspicious virus.
These countries will need an injection of all resources both human and capital towards full economic, psychological recovery and to prevent a re-occurrence.

www.iyoatiori.blogspot.com